Check out our list of the best pet-friendly activities around the Philadelphia area.
(in no particular order)
- Wissahickon Valley Park
With over 50 miles of trails, it is impossible to get bored exploring the same trails. Although it is slightly more challenging to get to, Devil’s Pool is the most popular spot to visit.
- 2. John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, Tinicum
A great escape from the city without actually leaving Philadelphia. The refuge supports a diverse range of habitats. With more than 10 miles of trails, this is an awesome place to explore and try to spot wildlife.
- Ridley Creek State Park, Media
With 13 miles of hiking trails and 5 miles of biking trails, Ridley Creek State Park is a great place to picnic and explore.
- Natural Lands Stroud Preserve, West Chester
This once-pasteurized grasslands and farmlands has more than 9 miles of hiking trails for you and your pet to enjoy.
Eat at a Pet-Friendly Restaurant
- Check out our list of pet-friendly restaurants in Philadelphia here. Checking out a new restaurant is a lot more fun with the company of your furry friend!
- There are many pet-friendly stores in Philadelphia but be sure to go for a stroll with your furry friend along south street and you are sure to find many stores that both you and your pup will enjoy. Don't forget to stop at the multiple pet stores along the way to spoil your furry friend.
Visit a Dog Park
- Seger Dog Park
This super popular dog park in Washington Square West is a neighborhood gem. Not only is the dog park led by a non-profit organization, but they've also started clean-up initiatives to keep litter off the streets.
- Roxborough Dog Park
This member-only dog park is a great community to be a part of. Being member-only ensures that every other dog in the park is spayed or neutered, and up to date on vaccinations, keeping your pup safe!
Check out our list of pet-friendly hotels in the Philadelphia area here. This gives you and your pup a relaxing getaway without being too far from home.